Presentation and debate hosted by Urban Intergroup (27 June, Brussels, 09:00-11:00 CEST) to bring additional political and stakeholder views on the draft Manifesto’s call to the EU and national governments.
METREX will at the end of June present its draft ‘Manifesto for a Metropolitan Europe’ at a meeting of the Urban Intergroup at the European Parliament.
The meeting, to which MEPs from the Urban Intergroup and Intergroup on Rural, Mountainous and Remote Areas & Smart Villages have been invited, is a final opportunity to road-test the ideas within the Manifesto before it is finalised.
The Manifesto calls out to the EU and national governments for greater support, freedom and capacity for the metropolitan level to help deliver shared goals for Europe.
Join this event to hear statements from:
- Jan Olbrycht – MEP, President of the URBAN Intergroup
- Jakub Mazur – President of METREX and First Deputy Mayor of Wrocław,
- Lukasz Medeksza -METREX Managing Committee Member and Deputy Director of the Strategy and City Development Department, Wrocław
- Emiel Reiding – Director of the Metropolitan Region of Amsterdam
- Henk Bouwman – Secretary General of METREX
- Andreas Schieder – MEP, Vice-President of the Urban Intergroup