Registration is now open for the European Week of Regions and Cities. Make sure you and your colleagues sign-up to attend the two events below that METREX is running and supporting.
Moving from policies to actions – metropolitan scenarios for a green post-pandemic recovery
13 October 2021, 14:30-16:00 CEST
METREX will this year host a special event at the European Week of Regions and Cities to examine the most effective green projects and initiatives and discuss solutions that look beyond the pandemic to achieve a green recovery.
Find out how the metropolitan regions and areas represented have already made advances in green energy, regional food production and more, and how they have tailored common EU policies to accelerate transitions on the ground.
- Jakub Mazur, First Deputy Mayor of Wrocław and President of METREX
- Jan Olbrycht, Member of the European Parliament and President of Urban Intergroup
- Dr Nicola Schelling, Regional Direktorin Verband Region Stuttgart
- Anni Sinnemäki, Deputy Mayor for Urban Environment at the City of Helsinki
With video postcards from
- City of Gdańsk
- Nuremberg Metropolitan Region
- Città Metropolitana di Torino
Achieving the green transition in mobility – SURE Network
14 October 2021, 11:30-13:00 CEST
The megaregion is key to localising the European Green Deal and achieving the EU’s ambitions to become a neutral-climate continent. The workshop by the SURE-Eurodelta Network will focus on presenting concrete spatial and policy-oriented actions, especially in the field of sustainable transport infrastructure and mobility.
The SURE partners from four countries will showcase their best practices in response to European Green Deal. Additionally, the outcomes and recommendations from the ESPON STISE Research will be presented, as well as the bright ideas from the Eurodelta Knowledge Platform.
- Robert Van Asten, Member of the European Committee of the Regions and Deputy Mayor, The Hague
- Nathalie Verschelde, Deputy Head of Unit, European Commission
- Christa Reicher, Head of Chair of Urban Design and Institute for Urban Design and European Urbanism, RWTH Aachen University
- Christina Zollmarsch, HUB Manager Greentech, Manager of the network Greentech.Ruhr, Business Metropole Ruhr GmbH
Video testimonials from
- Frenk Bekkers, Senior policy advisor, Province of South-Holland
- Robert Van Asten, Deputy Mayor on Mobility and European Affairs, Member of European Committee of the Regions City of The Hague, European Committee of the Regions