After living reactively for almost a year, what does the next 5-10 years look like of life with Covid-19 and the consequences for society and economy? We heard from three METREX Members about possible scenarios on tackling the most pressing issues for their region.
The programme gave introductions from European Metropolitan regions and then the floor was opened for questions and debate.
Henk Bouwman – METREX secretary general
12:05 Jakob Richter – Head of Hamburg Metropolitan Region
• Effects on the authorities’ budgets
• Main challenges
12:20 Thierry Petit – senior economist L’Institut Paris region
• Monitoring and measuring the effects (Paris region)
• And questions arising from these first results
12:35 Sandeep Shingadia – Director for development and delivery Transport for West-Midlands, Greater Birmingham (WMCA)
• Effects on mobility
• Effects on human behaviour
• Would a scenario approach be a way forward
• What are the areas that are expected to change profoundly and what main topics would be first to work on
• What could be a way forward and who like to get involved in such process