METREX will take part in an event organised by UN-Habitat, the Basque Government to celebrate World Metropolitan Day, within the framework of Urban October.
The webinar will address the initiatives carried out at the metropolitan level to accelerate the transformation of urban and territorial realities, especially taking into account the current healthcare environment in the context of the Basque Country.
METREX Secretary General Henk Bouwman will be part of the roundtable discussion, as will METREX Managing Committee Member Ignacio de La Puerta from the Basque Government.
10:00 | WELCOME AND PRESENTATION
- Carmen Sanchez-Miranda, Head of the UN-Habitat Office in Spain
- Arantza Leturiondo Aranzamendi, Deputy Counsellor of Territorial Planning of the Basque Country
10:20 | ROUND TABLE
Moderator: Rafael Forero, Metropolitan Expert, Policy, Legislation and Governance Section at UN-Habitat
- Henk Bouwman, Secretary General of METREX
- Octavi de la Varga, Secretary General of Metropolis
- Ignacio de La Puerta, Director of Territorial Planning, Urban Planning and Urban Regeneration of the Basque Country
- Dr. Claudia Murray, Research Fellow at University of Reading
11:30 | OPEN DIALOGUE
11:50 | CLOSING REMARKS