09:30-11:00 CET / Hybrid
Join us at the European Week of Regions and Cities for ‘A Metropolitan Vision for Europe 2050 – How to accelerate on future cohesion policies’
- Jan Olbrycht MEP, European Parliament’s URBAN Intergroup
- Jakub Mazur, President of METREX and First Deputy Mayor, Wrocław
- Claire Boisset, Research Officer, UrbaLyon
- Ignacio De La Puerta, Director for Territorial Planning, Urbanism and Urban Regeneration, Basque Government
- Christina Suomi, City of Helsinki
METREX is one of the key players in developing a metropolitan approach to the future of Europe.
Together with EMA and others we are preparing a Metropolitan Vision for Europe 2050, which will instigate urban and rural transformation for a green and resilient future.
This workshop at the 20th #EURegionsWeek is part of the vision development process, to hear and reflect on proposals for multi-level cooperation and investments.
The practitioners and EU politicians will discuss how best – by what means and with what tools – to support metropolitan regions and areas in delivering a sustainable future for Europe.
We welcome you to join us in this process!