Applications are now closed
Deadline Extended to Monday 23 August 2021, 10:00 CEST
METREX and Verband Region Stuttgart are delighted to invite applications for the next Bernd Steinacher Fellowship, which will run from 2021-2023.
The Fellowship was established in 2010 to sustain the values and interests brought to METREX by Bernd Steinacher, who was President of METREX from 2004-2008:
- The value of Europe as an exemplar of international cooperation for a common good.
- The value of a metropolitan dimension to European affairs, meaning the good governance of major urban areas and their areas of influence.
- The inter-related nature of many of the key issues needing consideration at the metropolitan level and the need for joined-up thinking.
- The value of networking as a means of exchanging information, knowledge and experience for mutual benefit.
- The value of strong and mutually supportive personal relationships in international, European and metropolitan affairs.
The Fellowship runs for two years and is funded jointly by METREX and Verband Region Stuttgart. Previous Fellows have focused their research on areas such as the factors underpinning successful Metropolitan Governance models and the impact of the 2008 Financial Crisis on Metropolitan regions.
Candidates must be supported by a city or metropolitan region, but do not have to be employed at these organisations. Candidates may therefore be postgraduates, students, or young professionals.
We invite you to consider suitable applications and applicants. Please also share this invitation with organisations or individuals within your region or area who you believe may be interested.
Please read the Fellowship supporting document, which outlines the requirements for applications.
Deadline for applications
Applications must be received by the end of the day on Friday 13 August 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].